Statement of Principles
NCYCA is an organization that strengthens and expands the educational, environmental and recreational opportunities provided by organized camps in North Carolina. It operates as a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization governed by an elected Board of Directors. As such, NCYCA does not audit complicity in its members’ adherence to the following principles.
Members of NCYCA recognize and accept their responsibility to deliver high-quality summer camp programs, to maintain a superior level of professionalism, to demonstrate integrity and fairness in all camp operations and communications, and to maintain the highest level of safety, both physical and emotional, for all staff and participants.
Agreeing to hold these principles and values, all NCYCA members thereby pledge to:
- Behave in a manner consistent with NCYCA’s mission to serve collectively the organized summer camps of NC
- Provide an environment conducive to promoting and protecting the physical and emotional well-being of campers and staff members
- Enhance personal and organizational understanding of summer camp industry standards
- Recognize environmentally sound practices
- Establish amicable local community relations
- Abide by and comply with state and local codes, laws and regulations
- Honor financial commitments to parents, staff, and vendors
- Foster trust and mutual respect among all camp participants